May 25 @ 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
Join Dr Sue Brumby as she presents “Heat Days & Presentations to ED in Regional Victoria” at the Health in a Changing Climate Forum in Warrnambool.
Bookings are essential – click here to secure your spot.
The Warrnambool City Council, with funding from the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action and in collaboration with Wannon Water, Barwon South West Climate Alliance, South West Healthcare, Deakin University and Barwon Health are working together to bring you Health In A Changing Climate Forum, this May 25th 2023.
Bookings are a must.
Morning, afternoon tea, and lunch will be provided.
Climate change poses a real and urgent threat to society, the economy and poses potentially devastating chronic impacts on human health.
Join us for guest speakers and workshops to learn more about how a changing climate impacts our health and wellbeing and what type of actions are required to minimise the impacts.
- Prof. Shobhakar Dhakal,- Professor and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Sustainable Energy transition and Climate Change and Sustainable Development, Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Change, Asian Institute of Technology.
- John Clarke- CSIRO, Research Team Leader
- Jessica Szwarcbord- Lowitja Institute
- Remy Shergill – Climate Health Alliance.
- Water Technologies- Warrnambool City Council Heat Mapping Project
- Dan Cowdell – Safe Rooms Project presentation – Geelong
- Grace Cosgriff-Camm- Green Futures Now Program alumni -Warrnambool City Council
- Dr. Rebecca Patrick- assisting adolescents to understand climate-related mental wellbeing (audience: those who support young people).
- Dr. Sue Brumby, National Centre For Farmers Health- Heat Days & Presentations to ED in Regional Victoria.
- Victorian Achievement Program- Climate and Health Toolkit. (Early Years, schools and workplaces) Learn how to take simple climate actions that support health and wellbeing practices. (BYO laptop)
- Dean Petrisevic- State Emergency Service – Community Emergency Risk Assessment (CERA) Tool review.
You may also be interested in:
Black Sun Blood Moon, Thursday 25th May, 7.30 pm – presented by Lighthouse Theatre.
As a participant in the forum, you can receive a special price of $35 per person.
Black Sun Blood Moon is a live performance about finding your voice and saving the world. From Writer/Director Chris Bendall comes two intertwining stories – one magical, the other all too real, bringing two unlikely heroes to the stage in a new work inspired by the Friday for Future student-led protests of 2019.
Bookings can be made as part of your registration. For further information follow this link https://www.lighthousetheatre.com.au/black-sun-blood-moon