ifarmwell.com.au is an online tool kit divided into five short and interactive modules to help Australian farmers cope effectively with life’s challenges and get the most out of every day. The National Centre for Farmer Health is an ifarmwell partner.
The ifarmwell website has been designed by Australian farmers to help other Australian farmers cope effectively with life’s challenges and get the most out of every day. It does this by sharing practical ways of coping with difficult circumstances, thoughts and feelings (especially worries about things you can’t control) and helping you to work out where it is most useful for you to put your attention and energy.
The website is designed to be useful for BOTH farmers who are currently feeling down or stressed AND those who would simply like some new tools to improve their ability to cope with uncertainty associated with life on the land.
We at farmerhealth think you will find ifarmwell interesting, and at times fun. By the end of the modules, the aim is for you to be less focused on thoughts and things you can’t control and more focused on your family, friends, farm or whatever it is that matters to you most.
You do not need to be experiencing poor mental health to benefit from using this website. It has been designed to help improve ALL farmers’ wellbeing.
To hear how ifarmwell.com.au helped farmers like you, see these clips below:
If you’d like to listen to this this information from your tractor or ute, the ifarmwell.com.au podcast may be for you.
Voiced by renowned former ABC radio presenter Drew Radford, the eight-part series takes the listener on a journey to better wellbeing and helps them put in place strategies to effectively manage life’s challenges and get the most out of every day.
- Episode 1: The power thoughts have over the way you feel and how to dodge thought traps
- Episode 2: Noticing and distancing yourself from your thoughts so they have less power over you
- Episode 3: Working out what’s really important and where it’s most useful to focus your attention
- Episode 4: Using your values to guide your decision making and interactions with others
- Episode 5: Building your attention-shifting muscle to focus on the present
- Episode 6: How to ground yourself and focus your attention on the present
- Episode 7: Practising key tools and reaching out if you need some extra help
- Episode 8: Tying it all together – you are in the driver’s seat
The series also features the voices of farmers across Australia who have used ifarmwell and incorporated these strategies into their lives.
For further information on ifarmwell.com.au please contact: