ifarmwell.com.au is a new online tool kit divided into five short and interactive modules to help Australian farmers cope effectively with life’s challenges and get the most out of every day. The National Centre for Farmer Health is one of eight partners supporting ifarmwell.
The ifarmwell website has been designed by Australian farmers to help other Australian farmers cope effectively with life’s challenges and get the most out of every day. It does this by sharing practical ways of coping with difficult circumstances, thoughts and feelings (especially worries about things you can’t control) and helping you to work out where it is most useful for you to put your attention and energy.
The website is designed to be useful for BOTH farmers who are currently feeling down or stressed AND those who would simply like some new tools to improve their ability to cope with uncertainty associated with life on the land.
We at farmerhealth think you will find ifarmwell interesting, and at times fun. By the end of the modules, the aim is for you to be less focused on thoughts and things you can’t control and more focused on your family, friends, farm or whatever it is that matters to you most.
You do not need to be experiencing poor mental health to help test this website. It has been designed to help improve ALL farmers’ wellbeing.
To participate in ifarmwell you need to be
- 18 years of age or older,
- Have a mobile phone (that is in phone range at least once per week) and know how to read text messages,
- Currently or have previously owned or played an active role in the operation of a farming or pastoral enterprise in Australia (or are the partner of someone who fits this description), including grain, sheep, cattle, dairy, horticulture, market garden, fruit growing, poultry, viticulture, cane, and cotton farming,
- Or work in a job supporting people who fit this description (e.g. stock agent, rural financial counsellor, rural health professional) and
- You agree with our terms and conditions, then this website is for you!
We are currently evaluating the impact of this website if you…
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have access to the internet
- You OR your partner currently own OR play an active role in the operation of a farming or pastoral enterprise in Australia.
We would really value your help—visit ifarmwell to register and help test this important new, confidential, free and farmer-focused resource today.