Please note that our nurses operate in Hamilton, Penshurt, Shepparton, Kerang, and Cohuna. As such, you will need to be able to travel to one of these locations to undergo your checkup.
Your health, your business
Your health is your # 1 asset to you, your family and your farming business. Injuries and poor health not only affect you, they affect your family and can compromise your business’ productivity and profitability.
Knowing the status of your health, wellbeing and safety is the first step towards improving it.
AgriSafe AgriClinicsTM provide the unique opportunity to consult with trained agricultural health clinicians for a free comprehensive health check.
They will assist you to:
- Understand your current health status and how to improve it.
- Learn how to keep you, your family and your workers safe.
- Identify on-farm risks and hazards.
- Obtain suitable personal protective equipment for your farm tasks.
Participating in an AgriClinicTM is easy – just book and invest 90 minutes of your time and have the following undertaken:
- Blood glucose testing
- Blood lipid testing
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index calculation
- Respiratory testing (not during COVID-19)
- Hearing screening
- Skin examination
- Vision testing
- Urine testing
- Screening for agrichemical exposure (anticholinesterase)
- Fit testing of mask or respirator
- Occupational risk surveying and assessment
Prior to your appointment you will be encouraged to complete an occupational health history questionnaire to tailor your consultation to your requirements. Your AgriSafeTM Clinician will guide you through the tests, explain your results and provide information and education.
Who can participate?
Appointments are available for free to anyone working in the Victorian agricultural sector.
Moira Shire & Greater Shepparton
You will be able to buy approved safety products from our Farmer Health Safety Shop.