The National Centre for Farmer Health is a partnership between Deakin University and Western District Health Service with funding received from the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services.
Partner with us
Organisations that support our work are incredibly important to us. Our corporate, industry and research partners and supporters ensure that farm men, women, agricultural workers and rural communities have access to services, information and resources that lead industry and cultural change in farmer health and safety.
We believe our relevance is underpinned by our dedication to providing services directly to farmers and in the communities where they live and work. This enables us to be connected to those for whom we wish to make a difference.
We actively seek to expand our reach and to build strong relationships with like-minded organisations who share our vision of making a difference to farmers’ lives.
If you’re interested in working with us please get in touch with our Business Development & Industry Engagement Manager to discuss the possible ways we can work together.
We are proud to partner with corporate organisations who are committed to leading industry change in farmer health and safety culture.
Rural Bank have been partnering with us since 2015 to deliver programs to farming men, women and agricultural and rural workers across Australia. This has included delivering a total of 1526 farmer Health and Lifestyle Assessments at field days during 2015-2019.
Our partnership with Metalcorp was established in 2018 and has allowed us to extend the reach of our service delivery across rural Australia and enhance our research capabilities, better positioning both Metalcorp and the NCFH to close the existing gap between the health, wellbeing and safety status of Australian farmers and agricultural workers and their urban cousins.
In 2019 we launched a telehealth platform in collaboration with Lysn to provide enhanced access to farmer-focused mental health care and support to rural farming regions of Australia.
Industry and Research Partners
Responding to poor health status of rural populations goes beyond the capacity of the health sector and/or education sector alone and we are devoted to working with industry and research partners for the mutual benefit of improving farmer health, wellbeing and safety.
- Ag Health & Safety Alliance, US
- Agriculture Victoria
- Alberta Farm Safety, Canada
- Australian Institute of Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University
- Cath Cosgrave Consulting
- Centurion University, India
- Federation University
- Griffith University
- La Trobe University
- Northern District Community Health, Kerang
- ODHIR Foundation, Bangladesh
- Primary Care Connect, Shepparton
- Teagasac, Ireland
- The University of Iowa, US
- University of Jember, Indonesia
- University of Kentucky, USA
- University of Melbourne
- University of South Australia
We would like to acknowledge and thank our supporters, sponsors, donors and volunteers for helping us to make a difference to farmer’s lives. Without this generous support, our ability to connect with Australian farmers and their families to enhance the health, wellbeing and safety would not be what it is today.
List of donors
(last updated: 30 July 2020)
- Advantage Feeders
- AFL Western District Commission
- ARB Company
- Brim Active Community Group
- Bunnings Hamilton
- Cobden District Health Services
- Cobden FNC
- CWA – National
- CWA – Henty Branch
- CWA – Port Fairy Branch
- CWA – Stawell Branch
- CWA – Wimmera Branch
- CWA – Woolsthorpe Branch
- CWA – Yarrawonga & Border Wimmera Branch
- Devondale Murray Goulburn
- Gents of Geelong
- Geoff & Helen Handbury Trust
- Good Shepherd College Hamilton
- Hampden League
- Hamilton Regional Business Association
- Hughie Browning and Hamish Job
- Kinross Wolari School – Orange
- Knox Grammar School – Sydney
- La Trobe Ag Society
- Landmark Harcourts Foundation
- Leroy Mac Designs
- Lions Club of Torquay Inc
- Livestock Logic – R4FH Team
- Live Rural
- Martha Lim – Memorian for John Brisbane
- Moruya High School
- Murray River Jet Ski Marathon
- Rotary Club Portland
- Run 4 Farmer Health teams
- Sinclair Wilson
- Thank-a-Farmer for your next meal
- The Rosemary Norman Foundation
- This Farm Needs a Farmer
- Warrnmabool East Rotary Club
For any commercial and industry partnership enquiries, please contact: