Bushfire recovery program
Sustainable Farm Families™ in partnership with the North East Valley Division of General Practice and the Kinglake Ranges Business Network are running a program in Kinglake as part of the bushfire recovery process.
The first workshop of the program was run on 12-13 April 2010. The program was offered to all farming families within the Kinglake region and surrounds. The final workshop for this program will be held on the 13th April 2011.
Fire season is approaching and you should be fully prepared. Whether you live, work or play here, almost any part of Australia could come under threat from bushfire at some time. The suburbs, the beach, the forest, the countryside, the mountains – every Australian resident or visitor in every environment has a role to play in personally protecting themselves from bushfire.
Please refer to your state fire authority for further information about preparing, acting and surviving bushfire:
- New South Wales – www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
- Northern Territory – www.pfes.nt.gov.au
- Queensland – www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au
- South Australia – www.cfs.sa.gov.au
- Tasmania – www.fire.tas.gov.au
- Victoria – www.cfa.vic.gov.au
- Western Australia – www.fesa.wa.gov.au