A farmers’ health is their business! Injuries and poor farmer health can have a flow-on effect on the family, business and community. Knowing the status of ones’ health, wellbeing and farm safety is the first step in improving it.
The National Centre for Farmer Health brings together university, industry, service delivery, education research and government by focusing on five key pillars.
- Reputation and Reach
- Business Development
- Education and Training
- Agriculture continues to be one of the most dangerous industries to work within and has one of the highest fatality rates in Australia. Farm related accidents, injury and illness are preventable if safety and risk minimisation is made a priority.
- AgriSafe™ provides assessment, interpretation, education and recommendation on health, wellbeing, farm risks and hazards, safe work practices and personal protective equipment.
- AgriSafe™ is a primary prevention program that is easy to refer to or provide in collaboration with other health services.
- Connecting the farmer to their work environment through a better understanding of farm risks and hazards.
- Develop an understanding of how AgriSafe™ can improve agricultural health, wellbeing and safety.
- How AgriSafe™ Australia and health professionals can work in collaboration to make a difference in farmers’ lives.
Speaker: Tam Phillips – RN Div1, AgriSafe™ Clinician, GradCert Agricultural Health & Medicine
Tam works with the National Centre for Farmer Health to clinically lead and deliver the AgriSafe™ Australia program, providing farmers, families and agricultural workers with industry specific health and safety assessment, clinical screening and education. Tam also assists with clinical delivery of Health & Lifestyle Assessments to farmers nationwide and delivery of the “Gear up for Ag Health and Safety” program to secondary and tertiary agricultural students.
- General Practitioners & Registrars
- Practice Nurse & Practitioners
- Aboriginal Health Workers
- Primary Health Care Clinicians
2 RACGP Category two points
This Event is available in Person or Via Webinar
For further information please contact CPD Consultant, Joy Ticchi